Dog Behavior Modification Training
Do you wish to create a harmonious relationship where
- your dog is bonded with you,
- your dog responds to you quickly,
- your dog gets along with other members of the household, and
- you sense that your dog is truly happy?
If you’re a seasoned dog owner facing behavioral challenges or seeking basic training solutions, you’ve come to the right place. I specialize in working with dog owners who:
- own a dog (or two), and are dedicated to providing a safe home for their canines and themselves,
- struggle with behavioral issues that drive them crazy, put the dog or people in jeopardy, or create a lot of stress in their home,
- are open to being coached, learning, and taking responsibility for the dog’s actions.
Iris Grimm is absolutely amazing in understanding animal behaviors and how we humans can be the problem, not our dogs! In one session she helped me to cure our dog, Rocky, from the PTSD he had been exhibiting for months after he witnessed one of our daughter’s have a life-threatening accident. She taught me what I was doing incorrectly to perpetuate the problem and he was cured of his traumatic reaction within two days. I HIGHLY recommend her services!
Do any of these statements resonate with you?
I love my dog but (s)he…
- destroys my property
- jumps up on people and they get scared
- nips at people or acts aggressively toward people
- doesn’t get along with other 4-legged members of our home
- acts like a maniac on our walk or when he sees other dogs
- is terrified of everything (s)he comes in contact with
You’re not alone. Many of my clients have faced these challenges too. Most people assume that taking care of a dog is easy and that they’ll figure it out along the way. But I’ve learned from personal experience that this approach often leads to mistakes and misguided advice from well-meaning dog owners.
There are many habits and routines where seasoned dog owners unknowingly foster excited, aggressive, or fearful behaviors in dogs. These behaviors can include jumping on guests, growling at people, or barking at other dogs. And often times, these dogs suffer when trapped in these unhealthy patterns. But there is no human who teaches them that there’s a better way.
As a trusted dog trainer and coach, I’ve spent over two decades honing my skills in dog training and coaching dog owners like you. Together, we can shift your mindset, retrain your dog, implement balanced leadership practices, and resolve those pesky behavioral issues that have been driving you crazy. The results can be transformative.
Iris Grimm falls into what I call the old-school category. The old school category is a category of people that take pride in what they do, and they will not do a job unless they execute it at no less than 100%. It would not be possible for me to be more satisfied with the service Iris provided to my wife and me along with our 2-year-old Pitbull Elijah.
Iris will not sugarcoat it for you or your dog. She’s going to provide a no-BS plan of action for both of you. All you have to do is do what she says to do. That’s it. I can also say this about Iris. Iris truly cares more about you and your dog than she does about money. Iris formed a continual relationship with us, she constantly is checking in to see how we’re all doing. A person who’s just in it for the money does not do that. She went above and beyond any expectations that I had. My wife and I could not be more satisfied.
Here’s what you can expect from this program:
- A fresh perspective on dogs and dog leadership that will change your outlook.
- The creation of a trusting partnership with your dog, where safety and calmness foster cooperation.
- Clarity on what your dog needs from you to bring out their best behavior.
- Confidence in leading your dog with poise and authority.
- A deep understanding of why your dog acts the way they do.
- A renewed sense of fun and joy in your interactions with your dog.
- A better life for both you and your furry friend.
Because of my extensive training in people coaching and dog training, I’ll play various roles during our sessions to ensure optimal results:
- As your coach, I’ll create a supportive space and pose thought-provoking questions to spark new insights and perspectives.
- As a consultant, I’ll provide expert information and recommendations on canine nutrition, health, and well-being.
- As a trainer and facilitator, I’ll teach you practical dog-handling skills and share valuable knowledge about dog behavior.
- As your cheerleader, I’ll acknowledge your progress and celebrate your achievements in building a strong bond with your dog.
- As a sounding board, I’ll provide a safe setting where we can discuss sensitive topics related to dog ownership.
- Drawing from my extensive experience, I know what it takes to be a confident dog guardian and ensure your dog trusts the process.
To determine if this program aligns with your needs, let’s schedule a 15-minute consultation. Click here to access my online calendar and choose the most convenient time slot for you.
Remember, creating a harmonious life with your dog is possible, regardless of your experience level. Together, we’ll create the way for a transformative journey filled with understanding, and joy.