Are you a dog owner who wishes to have a harmonious relationship with your dog where
- your dog is bonded with you,
- your dog gets along with other members of your household, and
- you sense that your dog is truly happy?
I work with clients in the following situation:
- They own a dog (or two), and they are willing to do what it takes to provide a safe home for their canines and themselves.
- There are a few behavioral issues with the dog that either drive them crazy, put the dog in jeopardy or create a lot of stress in their home
- They are open to being coached, to learn and you take responsibility for the dog’s actions.
Do one or more of these statements ring true for you?
I love my dog but (s)he…
- destroys my property
- jumps up on people and they get scared
- nips at people or acts aggressively towards people
- doesn’t get along with other 4-legged members of our home
- acts like a maniac on our walk or when he sees other dogs
- is terrified of everything (s)he comes in contact with
These statements have been true for many of my clients. You are not alone. Most people think that taking care of a dog is easy. You bring the dog home and then you will figure it out along the way. I know that is what I did when I got my first dog. And … I did a lot of things wrong. Worse was, I asked other dog owners for their advice not knowing that they did it wrong.
There are many habits that dog owners do with their dogs every day not knowing that they create and foster excited, aggressive, or fearful behaviors in their dogs such as jumping up on guests, growling at people, barking at other dogs etc. And these dogs truly suffer from being trapped in this unhealthy behavior, but there is no human who teaches them that there is a better way.
I’m Iris Grimm. I’ve been training dogs for 20 years, and I have been coaching dog owners for the last nine years. During that time I’ve helped hundreds of clients shift their mindset towards their dogs and their dog’s behavior, coached them on how to retrain their dogs, implement balanced leadership practices, and resolve behavioral issues that drove them crazy before. There’s a very good chance I can help you as well.
This page gives a complete overview of how I work and the results you can expect.
Objectives of the Coaching Program
I have three primary objectives for clients in this program:
- Uplevel your personal leadership with your dog.
Dogs behave well, and they feel loved and safe when they are shown balanced leadership by humans.
- Build a trusting relationship with your dog.
When you have trust and a bond with your dog, your dog will do anything to please you. They will show their best behavior, and they will accept you do certain tasks for them (bathing, nail clipping, ear cleaning, wound care,) even though it is not always comfortable to them.
- Incorporate healthy habits and essential life improvements to be at your best, lead at your best, and live at your best.
Taking good care of dogs requires time that not many dog owners have to spare.
My guess is that’s what you want. I know that because I’ve worked with many dog owners who wanted that too. They were tired of “fighting” with their dog, being afraid of their dog, or avoiding certain places or people just because they didn’t know how to lead their dog calmly.
What you can expect from this program
If we work together, you are going to see dogs and dog leadership in a whole new light. It won’t be where you will be the alpha; instead, you will create a trusting partnership with your dog where your dog feels safe and calm to follow you.
As we work together you’ll start to experience the following:
- More clarity of what your dog needs from you so that he can be his best
- More confidence in leading your dog
- More understanding of why your dog does what he does
- More fun and joy being in the presence of your dog
- A better life for you and your dog.
Topics we can discuss based on your needs and desires:
Topics about your dog and your dog’s well-being:
- Retraining of public and home dog behavior
- Socialization exercises and games
- Obedience commands and training
- Nutrition and how to choose the best food and treats for your dog
- General health and vet care
- Animal introductions and socialization
- Fun with your dog
Topics about your life, your leadership, and well-being:
- How to control stress and manage your energy wisely
- How to make time for your dog
- How to build strong relationships with your dog, your colleagues, and supervisor(s)
- How to extend your boundaries
- How to maintain or develop your personal power
- and much more.
How is this program structured?
This is what our coaching relationship will look like.
- You will complete an intake form to open up your awareness to your leadership and your dog’s history.
- Next, we will schedule a short phone conversation to debrief your responses and work out a game plan.
- You can choose from a one-time consultation
What role will I play?
I take on various roles as we work together to maximize the outcome and results for you:
- I’m a coach who creates the space and questions that open new insights and perspectives for you.
- I’m a consultant who provides expert information and recommendations on canine nutrition, health, and well-being.
- I’m a trainer and facilitator who teaches you dog handling skills and dog behavior knowledge.
- I’m your cheerleader acknowledging you and your dog as you are making progress in your relationship.
- I’m a sounding board who provides a confidential setting to discuss sensitive topics.
- I know what works and what it takes to be a confident dog guardian and for your dog to feel safe and happy.
How do you know if working with me is right for you?
- You want to have a better relationship and better leadership with your dog.
- You are ready and you will make the time to do what’s necessary to strengthen your leadership presence and performance.
- You feel you need to work with someone in a very personalized way that will focus on your unique challenges and with a system proven to get results
But ultimately you can’t know if this program is right for you until we talk. I need to learn more about you and your situation for us to see if there’s a fit. Click here to access my online calendar and schedule a 20-minute time slot that is most convenient for you.